Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Why Do Mormons Store Food?

A few weeks ago my sweet friend Julie asked me to write a post for a blog called MormonWoman.org for which she is a contributor/administrator. The site is not an official website of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but if I understand it right, its purpose is to give just a glimpse into the lives of LDS women and to help dispel misconceptions that people may have about Mormon women. Anyway, she asked me to write a post about why Mormons store food and I thought I would share it here:

http://mormonwoman.org/2009/08/28/ask-a-mormon-woman-why-do-mormons-store-food/


Naturally, writing a post all about how important I think food storage is and encouraging others to store food made me feel like a major hypocrite, since I haven't been giving much time to my food storage or this blog as of late (I guess if you're here, I don't have to point out how long it's been since my last post). But I thought maybe I could redeem myself by doing a new post right after I'm done with this one. Even though I haven't been posting, I have been trying some new fun things that I'm excited to share... as soon as I get back from Disneyland in a couple of weeks. I know, once a bum always a bum, I guess. But since I don't really think anyone reads this blog anymore, it probably doesn't matter anyway.

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Hi! My name is Janelle and I am also friends with Julie. I also work with her at mormonwoman.org. I wanted to tell you I thought that article was stunning and clearly answered the question Why Do Mormons Store Food. All of us at mormonwoman.org were so grateful for your contribution and we would LOVE more from you.

Sincerely,

Janelle